Monday, November 8, 2010

Merry Moose-Mas with more traditional colors


Hello everyone - this is my first creation that I made for yesterday's Paper Cupcake Magical Monday challenge. I am not sure what I was thinking - I made this card and thought - this will work perfectly for the non-traditional Christmas color challenge. I showed my hubby as I do with most of my cards - I need someone's approval and he is always happy to oblige and usually has some positive remark - although this time he said to me "isn't this challenge supposed to use non-traditional Christmas colors?" and I said "yes - and doesn't this card work so well" and then he replied "I thought green was a traditional Christmas color" - well I don't know what I was thinking - of course green is a traditional Christmas color - so at first I hated that he was right - so I said "yeah but there is not much green on it - I think it will be ok" - after I thought about it for a bit - I knew he was right (boy do I hate when that happens - lol!!) I had no choice but to redo the card - which is what I posted earlier this morning. This card uses the same adorable Merry Moose-Mas from Paper Cupcakes digi stamps. Again I used an older SU sentiment and some SU copper hardware. I used the same circut die cut for the tree and the same Cuttlebug embossing folders. I used the same copic colors for the Moose as well. The CS and DP was all from my stash. I hope you enjoy seeing the variation. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and have a great Tuesday - we have another holiday on Thursday - here in Canada it is Remembrance Day. I am looking forward to relaxing and spending some more time in my craft room - I have lots of Christmas cards to get done and the time is passing quickly. Bye for now.

Your stamping friend - Debbie

2 comments:

Annika said...

Debbie, thank you for a lovely comment - and don't apologize for lack of commenting! Your blog is in my reader too and I stalk you regularly because I love your work but alas - I have been brutally bad at commenting. I think it tends to be the problem with people who's work we utterly admire - it's always pretty much the same thing to say... lol
Hugs
Annika

Nilla said...

Did I miss this card?? Can't see my comment! Well this is a card one can't miss, it's just stunning! Hugs Nilla