Monday, January 30, 2012

Fish Wishes


Hello - It has been a busy week as we were away 3 days last week to watch our son play hockey. The weekend was supposed to be for getting some housework done but I seemed to have caught a stomach flu virus and just wasn't up to much of anything even though I did manage to get a bit of house cleaning done. We are invited to my uncle's 80th birthday next week and so I made this card for the occasion. I just purchased the Art Impressions fisherman stamp and it took me some time to put this card together - I tried a couple of other lay-outs before ending up with this one. I used my sizzix die for the tree in the background and added some rocks for the fisherman to stand on with my copic markers. I layered with various paper from my paper stash and added a MS border punch to the right side and some ribbon, twine, flowers and buttons. The sentiment is from SU. The fisherman image does not include the fish - that was an add-on. I had that cute little fish from another older stamp set and thought it would be nice that the fisherman at least had a good catch for the day. It is hard to see on the picture but I used some colored sparkle on the fish and it really looks quite nice in real life. This card is different for me than my usual so I must admit a bit more of a challenge but I am pleasantly happy with the results. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and have a great day!

Your stamping friend, Debbie
P.S. Sorry again didn't keep list of copic markers used - I did use a lot for this picture though.

No comments: