Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mermaid Tilda


Hello everyone - it has been a while since my last post - we were away last weekend to visit our daughter and whenever I am away for a weekend it really sets me behind with all my housework - finally today I was able to get caught up and spend time in my craftroom.  I made this card using the new adorable Tilda mermaid from Magnolia's latest release.  All the paper I used is from Echo Park Paper Co. called Paradise Beach.  I wasn't too sure about the color combination but it seemed to turn out okay.  I colored Tilda with my copic markers but didn't keep track of the colors once again.  I used my Sizzix die to cut out the frame around the main image and my Sizzix Sizzlit die for the brown branches.  I added a few pearl colored flowerettes to the branches.  I used sand on the bottom part of the card and added some sparkle to the mermaid fin and used gold and orange spica pens for parts of the seahorse. I added the wave she is sitting on by cutting it out of another Magnolia image. The sentiment is cut out from the design paper.  I really enjoyed making this card and thanks for stopping by for a visit.  We had a whole week of pretty much continuous rain and my poor tomatoe plants did not survive - I will have to replace all of them except for one plant which I think will make it - the rest of my garden seems to be okay, thankfully - today was our first day of sunshine in almost a week.  I hope you have a sunshiny week whereever you may be.

Your stamping friend, Debbie

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable card Debbie.
luv
Debby