Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year



Happy New Year - I don't make any new year resolutions because it causes too much pressure on me but if you are one that does make resolutions - all the best with whatever your resolutions or goals may be.  Hard to believe it is 2013.  I am looking forward to my son's wedding in July - there will be lots to do in the upcoming months but I am very excited about it all.  This is my first card for 2013 and I like how it turned out but I will say that it was not my design - I found this idea in an older Magnolia magazine so I in no way take credit for the design.  It was kind of fun just "copying" and then adding a few of my own elements.  I almost always try and come up with my own idea for a card and sometimes that can be so time consuming and even frustrating so I decided to start off the year with a card that wouldn't cause me all of that.  This Tilda is one of my favorites over the past few years and I have used her quite often.  She is colored with copic markers and the background is Tim Holtz Stormy Sky distress ink sponged around.  The sentiment is a Whimsy sentiment.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I hope you are enjoying the start of this new year and hope your year is filled with creativity.  For me I find creativity feeds the soul and so I am hoping to spend lots of time in my craft room this year nourishing myself in this way.

Your stamping friend, Debbie

6 comments:

Danni said...

This is so creative and gorgeous!! Even if I saw it in a magazine/online I wouldn't have the patience to create it! Great job!

Franz♥ said...

Wow Debbie! Wonderful creation, so original!

Thanks for sharing your fab work with us at Tilda's Town this week :)

Hugs, Franz.

Céline said...

so gorgeous, love the design and combo
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town this week
hugs
céline

Rene said...

Gorgeous! I love the unique design! Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda's Town this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
Rene

Riet Kamstra said...

Love it Debbie, very pretty! Thanks for playing with us @ TIlda's Town this week!
Riet

Tina Makuc said...

This is stunning Debbie!!
Lova the shape and all those flowers..
Your colouring is AMAZING!!
Thanks for playing with us at Tilda's Town!!
Hugs, Tina