Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding Wishes


Hello everyone - I vow to never leave things to the last minute again - especially card making - I have 2 wedding cards to make for this weekend and we are leaving tomorrow morning to the one wedding for the weekend. I have so many last minute things to do at home and I have to work today so I am not totally pleased with my card and like I said before I won't leave it to the last minute again - there is nothing worse than being rushed when you are trying to design and put together a card - it is definately murphy's law that nothing turns out as you plan. Anyways I stamped up this adorable Tilda and Edwin wedding stamp (first time it has seen ink) - I colored 2 sets at the same time - I haven't quite finished the second wedding card but it will be black and white - for this one I decided on the paper first - it was in my scrap stash pile - I quite liked the soft brown tones and so I colored Tilda and Edwin to match the brown tones - I am thinking it may not have enough contrast though. I used my Martha Stewart garland border punch for the top , some lace for the bottom, my circle nestie for the background, some prima flowers and my fern punch, I did some real stitching and some faux stitching. I cut out a couple of flowers from the paper (hard to see) and added some pearls here and there and added some sparkle to Tilda's dress (again hard to see on the picture). Copics used were Y11, E000, E02, E11, G20, YR20, YR21, YR24, E31, E35, E37 and E41. I will see if I have time to post the 2nd wedding card before we leave (hopefully I can finish it) - if not will be back on Monday - so hopefully will have a new card for Tuesday. We here in our province have a long weekend - Monday is a holiday (British Columbia Day) - so if you are from B.C. have a wonderful long weekend and enjoy the sunshine - it is supposed to be hot all weekend!!! Yeah!!!

Your stamping friend
Debbie
P.S. Thanks for all of you who leave me such wonderful comments I truly appreciate it!!

1 comment:

Annika said...

I would have never thought it was a rushed card!!! Then again, your colourin is always outstanding! I'm a sucker for pearls and lace so that card is totally down my alley!
Thank you so much for kind words on my blog and sorry if I cost you a fortune!!I only post shopping stuff if I really like it and I'm SO in love with Penny Johnson's stamps!!
Have fun at the weddings and enjoy your long weekend!
Hugs
Annika