Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Birthday Boy Edwin


Hello everyone - finally I was able to get back to my craft room - I thought I might have a chance this weekend but with all the commotion around our house not a chance. Things have quietened down substantially in the past 24 hours and I am loving it. My son and his girlfriend and the new puppy are away until Thursday night and my daughter left on Saturday night to go back to Calgary. I spent all day Sunday cleaning house and getting things back to some normalcy. I also forgot how difficult having a new puppy in the house is - I had to babysit Romeo for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and oh my gosh - I totally forgot how much work it is and how much patience you need - my own dog, Toby, is 10 years old and very mature and well behaved. Anyways I have peace and quiet just myself and husband till Thursday night and then the chaos begins again. Romeo will be back as well as my son, his girlfriend and her sister. (The sister is here till Sunday), my son and his girlfriend till mid to end of September. I needed a boy birthday card so I pulled out an older Edwin Magnolia stamp. I stamped him with Mememto Tuxedo Black ink and colored him in with my copics (sorry didn't keep track of the numerous colors I used for the card). I also stamped the Magnolia apple bucket, Magnolia fence and a SU birthday sentiment. I layered with various papers, I used my cuttlebug folder for the background red paper, added some ribbon and twine, some faux stitching, some flower brads, Tim Holtz distress ink for the blue and brown background and a SU corner punch and heart punch to finish off the card. I also added some crystal effects to the egg and apples in the basket but it is really hard to see on the photo. I am hoping to get some more time in my craft room before the chaos begins again. Thank you for stopping by to visit and hope you have a fabulous day!!

Your stamping friend
Debbie

No comments: