Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Make a Splash - House Mouse Challenge 77


Hello everyone - you may or may not have noticed I changed the heading and background of my blog - I really didn't like the other look I had and although I am not totally satisfied with the new look - I like it better than it was - so I guess that is a step in the right direction. I am not good with all the computer technical stuff - maybe one day I will hire someone to customize my blog to exactly how I would like it but for now this is it - my card for today is for the House Mouse challenge 77 - Make a Splash - anything water goes - I actually tried to watercolor the image but tried a few times and then gave up - I was not getting the results I wanted - I need more practice with that. I pulled out my trustworthy copics and colored in the image adding some white gel pen highlights. There is not too much to this card other than a sizzix frame diecut, prima flower, faux stitching, 3 small blue brads in the corners. I did use Tim Holtz stormy sky for the background of the image - I sponged that on first and then colored my image. I used a sticker I had for the sentiment - I placed it down and it wasn't completely straight - so that kind of bugs me - I did try to lift it up again to move it slightly but the paper lifted up too - so I left it alone!! This image reflects the type of day we have here today - overcast and rainy - hopefully our indian summer will kick in soon - it is way too cold for my liking - hope you have a fabulous day!!

Your stamping friend
Debbie
P.S. Copics used - W1, W3, W5, W7, RV11, RV32, RV19, B34, B41, G40, G82, G85, G99, YG63

12 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just pure lovely. Love how you accented around the flower and your coloring is so pretty! I like the CAS style..Wonderful...and thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, sweet image and colours.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Hi Debbie
aww gorgeous card, fabulous colouring, lovely papers & design,thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Debbie ! I love this image and your colouring is perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Annika said...

You did a gorgeous job with Copics. I have the same trouble - haven't touched my watercolours for a while and now quite struggling!
Hugs
Annika

Heather said...

Hi Debbie, gorgeous card, I love this image, a friend sent me some ages ago and I swore i would buy the stamp but it's still on themillion mile long wish list. You've coloured it so beautifully, love uncle Tim's stormy sky!!
You have my deepest sympathy over your header (lol) I've had about 4 in the last few weeks, at the moment there's isn't one!!!
So glad you could join us at House Mouse & Friends.
hugs Heather xx

Sue said...

Hi Debbie, that red frame around your beautifully colored image is wonderful. I love the stitching too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at House Moue and Friends, hope you'll come back again often.

Hugs
Sue Drees

Lisa said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at HM&F Challenge!

Natascha said...

Wow, such a great card. Love your creation. Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs, Natascha

Valerie said...

I just love the vivid colors you used.

Sue said...

Congratulations on winning last weeks prize, you're going to love the digi's at Paper Cupcakes.

Hugs
Sue Drees
HM&F Monday Challenge

Lagene said...

Congrats on winning last week's prize, love your sweet card!