Friday, August 13, 2010

Cute Card Thursday Tree-mendous Challenge



Hello everyone and Happy Friday. I am so glad it is Friday - one more day of work and than 2 days off - the kids came home late last night so I was glad they arrived safe and sound. I am already in a different mode but that is ok - I feel blessed that I am able to be active and do all the things that I am able to do. My card for today is for the Cute Card Thursday challenge. We are to use trees/leaves in our project. My hubby doesn't think a tree stub is worthy of this challenge but I assured him it is ok. I used my C.C. Design stamps (which I just adore) and a C.C. Design sentiment as well (I love this package of sentiments - there are a whole bunch of small cute sayings that are so perfect for so many cards). I colored her with my copics (listed below) and paper pieced the two pink mushrooms at the tree stump and added stickle sparkles to them. I colored the background in with Copic Markers R0000 and B0000 (very pale blue and pink and it is hard to see on the picture). I cut out a sparkly butterfly from some Best Creations Inc. paper and glued it to the top left corner. I used my sizzix die (hawaian flowers) to cut out the 3 flowers in the background and added 3 small pink brads for the centres. I then layered the paper with some basic grey paper in the very background and added some ribbon and a pre-cut border punch on the bottom. I added a cute mushroom brad to the tree stump and a pink twine bow at the very end and did a bit of my doodling and faux stitching to finish the card. Thanks for stopping by to visit and once again thank you for all your wonderful comments.

Your stamping friend, Debbie

Copics Used:
Face: E00, E02, E11
Hair and Tree Stump: E25, E29, E30
Sky Background: B0000, R0000
Her Shirt: G05, G07
Her Pants: RV34, R85
Grass: G40, G82

4 comments:

Annika said...

Hoi, you have a new profile photo - you look million dollars!!!
And your card is just uber cute, I adore your colouring and fab feel for colours and embellies!!
Hugs
Annika

Julie said...

Beautiful! Lovely coloring and great embellishments.

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Debbie.
luv
Debby

Annie said...

a cute card and a great interpretation of the tree challenge! thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x