Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A dog-gone good Birthday



Hello everyone - just a quick post today as I am off early this morning. I have a very busy day ahead of me - thankfully my sore muscles are getting a bit better!! As most of you already may know - anytime I see a dog or dogs on a stamped image I have to have it and this stamp was no exception. My son's girlfriend and I were on a road trip to watch my son play hockey and on the way home we stopped at the local scrapbooking store. When I spotted this adorable Whipper Snapper stamp it was love at first sight. My thoughts changed somewhat once I stamped the image out and then looked at it and thought to myself - now I have to color the whole thing - it was actually a bit of a challenge since I am still trying to perfect my copic coloring skills. Once I finished the coloring everything took on a bit of a orange hue so instead of starting over (even though I felt like I should) I decided to just add orange to the background and give the whole card an orange kind of look! Once I added black to it I was happier - I liked the contrast. There is not much to this card other than the main image, a couple buttons, some black gingham ribbon, a SU sentiment and some white gel pen for highlights. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and hope your day will be wonderful and full of good things!! Oh I will not be listing the copics I used this time as I used so so many of them and didn't really keep track.

Bye for now
Your stamping friend, Debbie

4 comments:

Annika said...

I was just about to croon about MARVELOUS colour scheme and then read you complaining about the orange hue, lol
I LOVE it!!! So there!!
Hugs
Annika

Tania said...

You sound like me, your image turned out fabulously. I don't why you had any doubts. Love it!-hugs Tania

petra,s cards said...

wauw what a wonderful card and your collorwork its just great!!!
xx petra

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, what a fabulous image and what a stunning job colouring.
luv
Debby