Saturday, October 30, 2010

Double Joy


Hello everyone - I was so happy when I got my new Stampavie stamps in the mail last week. I have had them on pre-order since July!! It was worth the wait though - I just love them - this is one of my new Stampavie Stamps (Laurence Design). If you follow my blog you would know that I love dogs and any type of "cute" doggie stamps. This one was no exception. I colored these two dogs with my copic markers - I had initially wanted them more white than gray but I started off with too dark of a gray and by the time I faded to the lightest gray I realized that these two doggies were not going to be white anymore. I added a bit of W5 to the gray to soften the tone somewhat. I colored this image at crop night last night at our local scrapbooking store and then put away my copics so again I do not have a list of colors - sorry. I used my sizzix die cuts for the Joy sentiment and the holly leaves. I added a MS garland border on the bottom and glued some bright red polka dot ribbon on top. I layered some dp from my paper stash and added a few red brads in the corners. I used my white gel pen for highlights and my fine black felt pen for some faux stitching. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. The weekend is going by fast - I managed to get a few things done that I wanted today so that makes me feel good. I am looking forward to seeing all the kids in their costumes tomorrow night - we get about 60 kids or so every year and then we watch the fireworks from our house - we are overlooking the fire hall where they have the firework display so we always enjoy that. Happy Halloween to all!!

Your stamping friend
Debbie

2 comments:

Kathy Czygan said...

Good early morning Debbie! It's five AM here right now. Couldn't sleep very well, so I thought I'd go ahead and get up and do some visiting. Your blog is one of my favorite new places to visit. And these little doggies certainly were worth the wait! They put a smile on my face as soon as I got here! You've done a beautiful job with them. They look adorable in the grey colors! Gorgeous bright stockings and Love the sizzix dies you used for embellies! SWEET! Have a fun Halloween!

Tania said...

Oh, this turned out so adorable. I love how it all came together. Was so glad that we could get together on crop night! I hope that the next time will not take so long. I always get so inspired by seeing your work and am so glad that you have your blog-Hugs Tania